Jim started as a plumber’s helper in 1973 and has since served in almost every facet of the industry with nearly 30 years of experience as a construction project manager. Jim started his career as a plumber at Fort Lee in Virginia, working in the Operations Division of DEH.
He held positions ranging from plumber to pipefitter to construction inspector up to engineering technician and project manager.
After working for the federal government, Jim accepted a role as project manager on what was, at the time, the world’s largest Job Order Contract (JOC) for the Navy. Later in his career, he held the same type of project management roles, including project manager of the VCU Life Sciences Building in Richmond, VA. Jim brings diverse project management experience in healthcare, retail, education facilities, commercial, hospitality, industrial, governmental, and residential.
Sample Project Experience
- MCV Hospitals
- VCU Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Fort Lee Kenner Army Hospital Remodel
- Fort Bragg Golf Course Clubhouse
- VCU Life Sciences Building
- Uppy’s Convenience Stores, 14 Locations
- Kanpai Japanese Restaurant
- Honeywell International “E” Train
- Sun Trust Mortgage Offices